“Wherever he’s been, Emmanuel Dubourg has made a mark defending the interests of citizens and the profession, of which he is a proud ambassador.”
Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec
Fellow Chartered Professional Accountant with an Executive Master of Business Administration, Emmanuel Dubourg was a manager in the federal public service for 20 years. An international tax and audit consultant, as well as a guest speaker, he taught at several institutions before making the jump first to Quebec politics and then to federal politics. In 2017, he celebrated his 10th year of political life.
Academic and professional background
• Master’s in Business Administration (Executive MBA), 2000.
• Member of three professional accounting associations in 1987.
• Bachelor’s in Accounting, UQÀM, 1985.
• Diploma in Computerized management in 1985.
• Manager, Canada Revenue Agency, (CRA) 1987-2007.
• Adviser, Office of the Deputy Commissioner and Office of the Assistant Deputy Minister at CRA.
• Guest speaker, Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec, 2006 and 2007.
• Professor, Université du Québec à Montréal since 2004, and Université du Québec en Outaouais, in 2006.
• International tax and audit consultant, 2000-2002.
• Teacher, Institut des Hautes études, Mali, 2001.
• Teacher, CEGEP Montmorency, 1987-1990.
• Auditor, Coopers & Lybrand CA, Chartered accountant cabinet, 1985-1987.
• Elected Liberal Member of Parliament for Bourassa in 2013 and in 2015.
• Member of the National Security and Intelligence Committee of Parliamentarians since 2017.
• Member of Ethic Committee, 2016-2017.
• Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of National Revenue, 2015-2016.
• Critic for Economic Development – Quebec Region, 2014-2015
• Critic for National Revenue, 2013-2015
• Elected Liberal Member of the National Assembly for Viau in 2007, 2008 and 2012
• Parliamentary Assistant of two Finance ministers, 2008-2012
• Vice-Chair of the Committee on Culture, 2007
• Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Employment and Social Solidarity, 2007
• Co-chair, Black Leaders Government Summit, 2016
• Chair, Underground Economy Committee, 2016
• Bill C-691 on family business transfer taxation
• Co-founder, CPA-Without-Borders, 2012
• Government action coordinator following the earthquake in January 2010 in Haiti
• Launched “Rencontres du bourg” on immigrant employment
• Responsible for the tour on “Ageing of the Population and Retirement”
• Investment for artificial soccer fields and gym in St-Michel
• MP sponsor for medical care of sickle cell disease
• Great Ambassador, Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec, (FCPA, FCA) 2014
• Recipient, “Excellence in Politics” Trophy, African Canadian Achievement Awards, 2016
• Recipient, Prix Paul-Déjean, Haïti Consulate, Montreal, 2015
• Honours, Network of African Professionals, 2015
• Recipient, Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Medal, 2013
• Top 20 Diversity personalities, 2013
• Recipient, Performance Award, Université du Québec à Montréal, 2006
• Recipient, Emeritus Certified Accountant, 2006
• Laureate, Black History Month, 2006
• Recipient, Governor General of Canada Medal, 1992
• Recipient, Innovation and Excellence Award, Canada Revenue Agency, 1992
The father of two sons, his motto is “Discipline and Perseverance.” He is a proud member of his home community, whose slogan is “Avèw Map Maché,” or “By your side.”
© 2018 Emmanuel Dubourg. All rights reserved.